92 total shares. Be the next!

Artistaday.com - Find new contemporary art, create your own gallery of art

Mark Menjivar  San Antonio, TX

Rating

2.88

Rank

Rate this artist

12345
2.88 - 168 votes

Create a gallery

galleryiconlight

(title unknown)
(title unknown)

* All images used with permission. Please do not distribute without first contacting the artist.

About Mark

Owner of defunct amusement park / Alpine, TX / 1-person household / Former WW II POW / 2007

10 of 29 comments displayed

Bryna

06.24.2010 @ 7:44 PM

I don't think this was very creative. Anyone can take a picture of the inside of a refridgerator. And anyone and put a story to a picture. I think that maybe if the picture was a collage of many different kinds of the insides of refridgerators, then maybe the article would make more sense and the picture wouldn't be so dull to look at.

Kk

06.24.2010 @ 7:40 PM

looks like my fridge

Kaatrien

12.01.2009 @ 6:21 PM

All head no heart - the blight of modern art.

Emmalene aubr

09.29.2009 @ 4:23 PM

I thought these were great! Holy bottle of water batman! And the little blurbs under the photos... It really gave you an insight into these people's personal lives. Like looking into somoene's medicine cabinette.

Unconvinced a

08.13.2009 @ 11:01 AM

I know this isn't what you're going for, but this is what it looks like: You left your Photo I homework for the last minute, and took a quick photo of your fridge before leaving the apartment for class. The lighting is unimaginative, the scale is boring...perhaps either collecting a huge mass of different fridge photos will offer comparisons and some insightfulness.

Sam

07.02.2009 @ 4:19 PM

these are interesting. It might be more interesting to have the picture of their fridge with a picture of them. It might be to literal but i don't care. It's like those dogs that look like their owners, i can't get enough of those! Or when people look like objects, i love that.

Kaitlyn

06.24.2009 @ 6:51 PM

I think these photographs are alright, a nice change of pace...I only click on the "artist of the day" about twice a week and this was one of them... but it's been done before. In fact, I can name 3 other people (including myself) who have done this exact idea. The freezer is more interesting because of the mass amount of meat (large quantities of anything always gets some attention), but I wish the label on the alcohol bottle wasn't showing...nice composition though. I disagree with some, and think the lighting is pretty good. If you've ever photographed a fridge before you would know how difficult it is, many small shadows to deal with :D

Christian anh

06.24.2009 @ 6:36 PM

These are really strange but I absolutely love them, the red meat and tequila one would be beautiful to print really big and frame on a wall.

Triskele

06.24.2009 @ 6:26 PM

You bring up an interesting question, what is art? As it turns out we actually do know what it is. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica art is: ??A visual object or experience consciously created through an expression of skill or imagination.? According to that definition this falls into the category of art. Although the pictures may be of something normal or mundane, the fact that they are captured and presented to you makes them art. Just because these photos don??t agree with you personal aesthetic doesn??t mean you should impugn in any way the imagination or creativity of the artist. Furthermore, did you actually read the comments posted by the artist explaining the work? Even that didn??t spawn questions or thoughts? I certainly found the exhibit to be thought provoking.

Isidra

06.24.2009 @ 4:56 PM

i dont like this drawings or pictures or photographs... its not that we know what art is, but seriousley art was invented to amuse people to make them see things beyond what we see... what's there to see about a fridge that is not clean and is all stuffed up with unhealthy food... is this really what people's fridge look like... i dont understand how this can even be here let others who really have art in them to show what they have to show us and not let this space go to waste...